We always get a couple weeks of Summer every August and it looks like it’s here! Some forecasts are as high as 95 degrees for this weekend. It is therefore time for our 3rd annual Water Balloon No-Dodge-Ball Game!
Come out and join us for some sun, some fun and a wod with no run! (except to catch the water balloon) 120804 – 11:00am Park WOD: Water Balloon No-Dodge-Ball!
Complete the following for time:
- Beginning at the glass door, carry a weightlifting plate (45# men, 25# women) to the railroad tracks and down the Foothills Trail to the top of the concrete stairs.
- Holding the weight against your chest perform 30 squats.
- Set the weight down where it won’t be a tripping hazard and complete 20 stair laps without the weight.
- After all 20 stair laps, pick up the weight and complete 30 more squats.
- Carry the weight back to the gym. Your clock stops upon entering the gym.
Keep in mind that MORE training is not always optimum training. We program 6 days per week here in order to provide you with options for your life and schedule. We don’t expect or recommend that you do 6 days in a row as Rx’d. The CrossFit prescription is 3 days on, 1 day off and perhaps take a whole week off every 6-8 weeks.
If this is your 2nd or 3rd Wod this week and you have no injuries then by all means HIT IT! However, if this is day 4 or you are already feeling beat to hell, consider scaling this WAY back, or just jogging the route or just taking the day off all together!
Work hard? Yes!
Work smart? Definitely.