Jun

There and Back Again…: 110610

WOD:

For time:  Flip a tire from the corner of Evergreen and 2nd up to 1st and through Millennium Park to the covered fireplace…and back to 1st.

Post tire used and time to complete to comments.

22 comments

1. J.D. says:

You have got to be kidding me.

In a way, this is my dream workout. In a way, it’s a nightmare. I’ll be there. You can count on it.

2. PXT Cody says:

Good!

Seems like we haven’t seen you enough this week! :-)

3. Ben says:

I was telling Dan last night I’m going to try to get 70s big this summer. 230+ just to see if I can still move at that weight. Ha.

4. PXT Cody says:

Haha! Start eating!!!

5. CrossFit Girl says:

A-W-E-S-O-M-E, can’t wait!!!!

6. Ben says:

Better go to Costco and get some avocados, almond butter, etc. if I’m going to try to do it paleo.

7. Dan says:

See everyone tomorrow at the 6.30am class. I can’t wait to flip these tires through the neighborhood at the butt-crack of dawn and wake up everyone. :D

8. J.D. says:

Fantastic class this morning. Male bonding at its finest. (No joke!)

I love working out with Miguel and Ned because all three of us are so close in size, build, and skills. And Dan’s a good leader for the three of us.

Anyhow, I used the Goodyear G286 tire, which weighs 191#. I finished in 16:50 despite feeling a little queasy.

Important note: I didn’t notice it during the workout, but this really affects your grip strength. I just had trouble tying my shoes, for goodness sake. So just be warned.

9. Coach Jen says:

I have to know-has the Bootcamp lady been there to witness all your greatness yet? What is public reaction to hulkish tire grappling in a public setting?

10. Kara says:

This. Sounds. Awful. Thankfully I’m all busy today. :P

11. Ned says:

The bootcampers were impressed. We told them we would be making some noise and they said great.

It was fun to see the looks on the folks driving around the circle as we heaved our tires by. I had a car actually wait for me to cross 1st Ave on my way back down the hill.

WoD: 20:25 with the Michellin Triangle. I think it weighed 213lbs. This means 213lbs times roughly 400 flips equals over 85,000lbs moved. I feel very strong today.

And JD was right, great male bonding. Good conversations.

12. Coach Jen says:

Awesome Ned! Profound Herculean effort!

13. Dan says:

Very, very good class today. I’m glad the 6.30am class is bonding well. Maybe we should go out some night?

I didn’t think going into this I would be able to finish in under 30min. with the Advance tire, however…

I managed to finish in 27:12 with the Advance tire which weighs in the 310lbs+ range. My forearms are shot and my biceps have huge rash/burn things on them.

I loved it.

14. Amy says:

This was my first tire-flipping WoD and wow, it was so much fun! Cody had Kim and me partner up on the WoD, so we shared the workload of the whole loop, 10 reps at a time. We cranked it out in 12:53 with the Michellin Triangle tire (213#).

My favorite part of the workout, being outside and having people look at us funny.

15. Miggy says:

Bonding?!?! When did this happened? oh yes, it was going on while I was still flipping the “no bounce” tire (Michelin X = 227 lbs) it took me 29:25 min to finish… hahaha, yes defiantly a blast working out with Ned, J.D and Dan.
    Watch out for those bruises, I have several in my forearms and chest, they looks like huge hickeys

16. Dan says:

You did great honey! Not too shabby for your first time flippin’ a tire. :D

17. JennyT says:

This was fun! 25:37 with Bertha (don’t know the weight on it). I got to work out a lot of client-related frustrations on that tire. :)

18. Ben says:

I watched Cody do Annie w/GHD sit-ups, pretty badass. Also badass was Jen deadlifting 235 easily.

19. pxtCody says:

Well, as for me it was at least bad- if not badass! Haha! Thanks Ben-
    It’s like catching a leprechaun or a unicorn- seeing me workout.
    Jen is setting the bar high for the girls now at 235 DL! Time for some of you to start catching her!

20. Amy says:

Way to go Jen!!! Your 235 makes my 190 look puny. But hey, you’ve got a few years of lifting on me :) My goal is to hit 270 by next spring…I’m comin’ for you.

21. Ben says:

Ha yeah Cody you’re right, I probably won’t see that again for another year or two.

22. Dan says:

Hahahaha, I’ve only seen Cody workout once and it was right at the very end when he was a sloppy form sportin’ pile of sweat. :D